PeopleFun is the creator of the #1 mobile word game, Wordscapes. Founded in 2011, PeopleFun is a small, rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on creativity, rapid prototyping, teamwork and fun. With our focus on casual word games our mission is to bring delight to everyday life!
PeopleFun is seeking a Senior Product Manager to be in charge of revenue generation and player engagement across our entire game portfolio. You should have experience playing and developing mobile games across a wide spectrum of genres, from mass-market casual to core gaming experiences. Working in close collaboration with the Production and Design teams, you will lead live games, through the game-play monetization, live tools and data analysis. You will own the relevant KPIs, provide reporting, and offer insights about the future direction for the game.
Your core focus will be the players’ behavior, both in terms of engagement and sales. You will use your previous experience on mobile free-to-play games or similar ventures to drive the performance of the portfolio.
- Own and analyze game metrics (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization) and proactively identify optimizations for player experience and core financial performance.
- Create, balance and optimize economy and pricing for virtual economies that enable amazing player experiences, player retention, and monetization.
- Collaborate with studio stakeholders to define, design and manage key features that further acquisition, engagement and monetization.
- Define and track key game KPIs to ensure business goals are realized. Own both top-down and bottom-up models that inform product roadmap and mitigate risk.
- Track performance daily and adjust designs / plans accordingly.
- Develop expert level understanding of the mobile gaming industry, including ability to qualitatively and quantitatively teardown mobile games.
- Leverage live service tools analytics, A/B testing, In-App/Push Notifications and other tools to optimize player experience and drive business objectives.
- Collaborate to define and support the product roadmap and business strategy based on understanding of game design and engagement/monetization mechanics.
- Identify opportunities using a variety of channels including data analytics, competitive research, design hypotheses, player feedback.
- Partner closely with Production and Design teams to conceptualize, specify, and implement engaging features, content, & systems.
- Collaborate extensively with feature planning and optimization: define testing protocol, set up and execute multivariate tests, establish benchmarks internally and externally, measure performance and provide actionable recommendations to Design and Production teams
- MUST HAVE 6+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE in a relevant Game Product Management or similar role: Monetization Manager, Live Ops Manager, Analyst on a free-to-play online game, or a similar product (app, website, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills and experience with rigorous approach to building products that leverages both qualitative and quantitative insights to drive product design.
- Experience with structured, hypothesis driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation
- Expert on free-to-play and/or subscriptions business model.
- Understanding and experience with a wide range of business models, monetization mechanics, modeling and economy analysis.
- Ability to conduct competitive analysis at industry, genre or game level to inform product.
- Passion for games and strong player empathy. Ability to critically evaluate design, art and economy that influence player behavior.
- Solid collaboration/interfacing skills to work with design, production and technical stakeholders to identify product levers that help achieve business goals and increase long-term player value.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback. Has presented to exec stakeholders in the past.
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- BS/BA degree, ideally in quantitative discipline. MS/MBA highly preferred.
- Passion for creating innovative, fun, and compelling games.
- Strong business & creative capabilities. You can confidently draw a line from detailed player behavior all the way to market outcomes.
- Strong experience in quantitative analysis, including the ability to model game parameters using Excel, SQL, and business intelligence tools.
- Experience designing and tuning a free to play economy by making structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing.
- Comfortable presenting complex concepts.
- PeopleFun is a small and lean mobile game company based in Richardson, TX.
- The job roles and responsibilities will grow quickly as quickly as aptitude allows.
- Benefits include an Unlimited Time Off Policy, Health insurance and 401K and potential bonuses.